[Dnsmasq-discuss] cname not working?

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Tue May 29 22:01:21 BST 2012

I promise, I did search, but couldn't find anything really relevant...

I'm trying to use the cname functionality to map an alias to a
dhcp-leased host.  None of the combinations I've tried seem to work.

I notice that the host asked for its name (it is listed in the
dnsmasq.leases file) with a "titlecase" name like "MyHost".  Could it be
that the cname mapping is case-sensitive?  If so, should it be?

Maybe cname is a recent functional enhancement, is there a minimum
version that supports the cname syntax?

Thanks in advance,
AJ