[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple default gateway

Daniele Milani dano1988 at hotmail.it
Wed May 30 15:03:16 BST 2012

Dear all,
if I override the default route using dhcp-option=3, gw1, gw2 the virtual machine correctly identify two default routes (if I run "route -n" I see two default gateways); the problem is that if I shut down the first gateway (gw1), and I try to ping Google, the virtual machine tries to find gw1 (Arp - where is gw1) until I delete the first default route.
My question is: is it possible to set a timeout, after which the VM starts polling the second gateway?

Greetings,
Daniele Milani