[Dnsmasq-discuss] Same IP on wired and wireless interface

Kim Rydhof Thor Hansen kim at rthansen.dk
Sat Jun 16 18:53:15 BST 2012

Hi all

I used to be able to get the same IP on my wired and wireless
interface using dnsmasq when allocating the IP based on the host name,
but now it gives me an other address for the second interface with the
following warning in the log file:
  Jun 16 17:15:42 wrt54 daemon.warn dnsmasq-dhcp[4427]: not using
configured address 192.168.154.12 because it is leased to
f0:de:f1:2a:b5:11

I really liked the single IP setup as it made it possible to keep
connections to ssh and streaming media running when disconnecting the
laptop for getting a snack in the kitchen, or speeding a slow download
from a local server up by connecting the wire.

Is there a way to configure dnsmasq to make it assign the same IP to
two different MAC dresses?

Regards,
--
Kim Rydhof Thor Hansen