[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 DNS name registration?

Chris O'Shea oshea.chris.james at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:53:18 BST 2012

Hello,

In this instance the client machines are Ubuntu servers as well (in
fact, they are Virtual Machine clones of the same machine).

We have attempted the "send fqdn.fqdn <hostname>" previously, and this
does not appear to work with IPv6.

Thank you for your reply - and I agree, the more research I do on this
front the more it seems to be a glaring omission from IPv6 due to them
using unique identifiers, where as IPv4 used hostnames to help
uniquely identify machines.

Regards,

Chris.