[Dnsmasq-discuss] question about --dhcp-hostsfile

harish badrinath harishbadrinath at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:13:59 BST 2012

> I am trying to set up a virtual network (VMs run on KVM) with different VMs
> running on different vlans. For each network, I have precomputed the mac:ip
> mappings and written to a dhcp-hostsfile specific to that network.

Can you do an arping from a computer from an another hub to a specific
VM instance ??
Is it the same when physical machines are added to the config file ??

I ask these because Mac address and vm instances have always been a
hit and a miss for me personally.
S's have always been a pain to work with until now ..