[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using dhcp-host hostname as address for DNS

Alvaro Gamez alvaro.gamez at hazent.com
Fri Jul 20 11:30:02 BST 2012

Hi all!

I'm just recently starting to use dnsmasq and I'm facing a problem, maybe
it's trivial but I haven't found the answer.

I've configured dnsmasq to set specific IP addresses to some hosts, like
this:
domain = ea4rct.org
dhcp-host=00:e0:4c:a4:13:ac,foxtrot,192.168.0.6,1w

I'd like the name, foxtrot, to be visible from the LAN, so I added:
address=/foxtrot.ea4rct.org/192.168.0.6

This way, local computers can just use foxtrot or foxtrot.ea4rct.org as the
name for this computer.
But this is repetitive and error-prone. Is it possible to avoid the
_address_ line, which is redundant?

Thanks a lot!

--
Álvaro Gámez Machado