[Dnsmasq-discuss] bogus-priv for IPV6

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Fri Sep 7 17:47:45 BST 2012

dnsmasq has an option which makes a lot of sense to me: bogus-priv
which, when specified, has the effect that IPV4 private networks
10.0.00/8, 172.16.0.0/12 and 192.168.0.0/16 are not forwarded since
these are reserved for local/private networks.

How about extending this option (or add a bogus-priv6 option) to include
the Unique Local IPV6 Addresses as specified in RFC 4193 --
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4193

All correctly implemented routers, etc are suppose to not route packets
with these addresses but ... well, people designed/implemented those and
people make mistakes.

I do not consider this a high priority item.

Gene