[Dnsmasq-discuss] Different dns config based on network address

Cyro Wicks cyrofilho at pcmasters.com.br
Wed Oct 10 14:01:51 BST 2012

Hello all,

I have a firewall and dns server for my entire network, and what i would
like to do is to have dnsmasq to read /etc/hosts_net1 or /etc/hosts_net2
based on the network address coming from net1 or net2.

I am trying to implement an internet filtering based on dnsmasq, but i
would like to have net1 users and net2 users with different dns block rules
defined on /etc/hosts_net1 and /etc/hosts_net2 files!

Is it possible with dnsmasq?

Thank you very much for any help.

Cyro