[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS mapping for a specific IP

Karina Goyal karinagoyal at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 15:58:44 GMT 2012

I need to do following DNS mapping in my router for all requests coming from a specific computer/IP-

192.168.2.2    amazonaws.com

This mapping should not be done for requests coming from other computers in my network.

Currently I have defined it in my router (DDWRT) using dnsmasq but it is applicable for all computers in my network.

The computer that I want to restrict this mapping for is a wireless photo frame. I don't have access to its /etc/hosts file. That's why I need to do it at the router level.

Is this possible in standard dnsmasq? If not, is it possible to do it with some small code change in dnsmasq?

Thanks,
Karina.