[Dnsmasq-discuss] RA support in dnsmasq

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 16:20:48 GMT 2012

On 29/11/12 16:06, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> Attached is a piece of syslog (before I patched things to suppress the
> messages).  BTW, I also have no idea why anything is being done with
> "p33p1" ... that is the real NIC on that system.  I have also attached
> the dnsmasq conf file for that interface.

There are two different dnsmasq processes sending adverts to the two
different interfaces. Can you try the same test with only one running,
just to avoid the possibility that they're interfering with each other?

> I am willing to try any testing.  Unless I can get things to work as
> they are suppose to, user reception of using dnsmasq to handle RA will
> get support somewhere between zero and none :-)

What machine are these running on? Is there any possibility that the
real-time clock might be changing radically or set sometime after bootup?