[Dnsmasq-discuss] Master/Slave Failover

Hookenz hookenz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 03:10:44 GMT 2012

Hi there,

I'm new to this list but I've been using dnsmasq for a while.

Now I'm setting up something more ambitious.  I plan to use dnsmasq in a
server cluster and provide netbooting via a chainloaded ipxe.  dnsmasq is
perfect for this because of ease of config and it's an all in one solution.

But, I'd like to provide master/slave failover.  I see some comments about
this in the archives but I don't see any workable solutions that people
have either hacked together.  There appears to be discussion about
supporting this within dnsmasq itself but am I right in saying this is
still in the planning stages?

i.e .what's the state of HA dnsmasq?

Regards,  Matt