[Dnsmasq-discuss] force --local/--server protocol

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 1 13:33:32 GMT 2013

I would like to force dnsmasq to use a particular protocol (tcp or udp)
when connecting to the underlying dns server.

As I see it, currently there is no way for me to specify that in either
"--local" or "--server" options ("local" and "server" in dnsmasq.conf).
For various reasons, I use TCP-only dns server and would like to be able
to get dnsmasq to use that server for a certain group of requests. Is
there any way I could do that? Thanks!