[Dnsmasq-discuss] force --local/--server protocol

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:54:11 GMT 2013

> I'll have a chance to test it some time tomorrow, Friday at the latest (it is part of quite a number of changes I am doing on that machine), so I'll report back then. Thanks Simon.
Well, unfortunately, this didn't go quite as planned, but that had nothing to do with dnsmasq. I was forced to change my approach slightly and in this respect have another query: can I tell dnsmasq to use a particular dns server if a request originates from a particular network?

I've looked at the "--server" option, but it looks as though it doesn't quite cover it. For example, lets assume that I wish dnsmasq to use a specific dns server at 192.168.1.1 for *all* dns queries originating from the 192.168.1.0/24 network? Would it be possible to achieve that?

Similar query: can I force dnsmasq to use a particular server, depending on the type of query requested? For example, use DNS1 for A-type queries only and use DNS2 for all other types?