[Dnsmasq-discuss] [dnsmasq] Errors found by static analysis of source code (Coverity)

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 10:24:00 GMT 2013

Hello Simon.

We at Red Hat are scanning a lot of open source packages
with static analysis tool named Coverity. I have been scanning
and reviewing group of network daemons where dnsmasq falls
in, too.

I scanned the latest dnsmasq-2.66-test13 source with Coverity
version 6.5.1. It found 115 errors from which a lot of are just
false positives or are not worth fixing. I wrote patches for
issues that I think should be fixed. Please review and
consider fixing these issues. I'm also including the Coverity
scan log, so you can have a look at all errors.

Coverity is also running a project where they allow open source
project to be scanned for FREE. If you find it interesting
you can find more information on http://scan.coverity.com/.

If you have any questions about the scan or want to do more scanning,
don't hesitate to write me back.

Regards,

Tomas Hozza