[Dnsmasq-discuss] Serving Addresses on Multiple Subnets

John Stowers john.stowers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:49:19 GMT 2013

> I'm not clear from your description, but I think you're trying to do
> DHCP on networks which are remote from the machine running dnsmasq: The
> 192.168.21.x etc networks have an interface on the tracking machine, and
> the camera, but not the Debian machine.?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The camera and ports are connected to the same switch, as dnsmasq, and
dnsmasq sees the dhcp request, but says

"no address range available for DHCP request via eth1"

I guess because I had told it to assign an address different to the subnet
that eth1 is on.

I presumed that because dnsmasq saw the request I could assign whatever
address I wanted. Is this not correct?

Do I still need to run a dhcp-relay?

Thanks,

John