[Dnsmasq-discuss] Enable HAVE_IPSET by default

Vladislav Grishenko themiron at mail.ru
Thu Mar 21 17:41:16 GMT 2013

Hi Simon,

Here's output from bloat-o-meter (busybox's one) after enabling HAVE_IPSET
on mips32 platform

The growth is ~2Kb, I guess it's ok to have it enabled by default for bb,
but please, insist on not to drop HAVE_IPSET define.

At least, not the all kernels jave it patched/builtin.

function                                             old     new   delta

add_to_ipset                                           -     832    +832

one_opt                                            25184   25600    +416

ipset_init                                             -     392    +392

process_reply                                        872    1104    +232

extract_addresses                                   2340    2464    +124

main                                                6840    6872     +32

.rodata                                            25440   25472     +32

snl                                                    -      12     +12

old_kernel                                             -       4      +4

ipset_sock                                             -       4      +4

buffer                                                 -       4      +4

(add/remove: 6/0 grow/shrink: 5/0 up/down: 2084/0)           Total: 2084
bytes

Best Regards, Vladislav Grishenko

non-linux

Dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk