[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 prefix delegation

Gabriel jarod125 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 00:31:17 BST 2013

Hi,

I currently use dibbler with radvd to advertise a v6 prefix received
via prefix delegation. I also use dnsmasq for DNS and DHCPv4. My
understanding is that I can replace radvd with dnsmasq. I noticed that
recent versions allow advertising of prefixes received via PD (using
the constructor parameter of --dhcp-range).

The only thing that's missing is a way to obtain the delegated prefix.
>From what I can tell by reading the manual, dnsmasq is not involved in
retrieving the prefix, so I still need to use another client for this.
Am I getting this right? If yes, it would be nice to have that feature
as well.