[Dnsmasq-discuss] Netbooting OS X and PXE with the same conf

Alex Silva alexs at filewave.com
Thu Jun 27 11:13:19 BST 2013

Hello Simon,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk>wrote:

> I'm not sure there is: the proxy function (ie get boot parameters from one
> DHCP/PXE server, IP address from another DHCP server) is PXE specific, I
>  think. Unless the Apple  boot protocol implements the same thing somehow,
> what you want is not possible.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I want the exact same thing that happens with
PXE: To send back an IP address of 0.0.0.0 and the netboot DHCP options.
The other DHCP server in the network will return the correct IP address. I
just can't find a way to make this work with dnsmasq.

Alex Queiroz
Developer
FileWave (Europe) GmbH
email: alexs at filewave.com