[Dnsmasq-discuss] PATCH: Address some FQDN issues

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sat Jul 27 15:20:38 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 16:04, Roy Marples wrote:
> On 24/07/2013 14:29, Simon Kelley wrote:
>> I think this should happen already: for IPv4 calls to do_options have
>> the domain argument which is set to the result of  get_domain(address)
>> which will be domain-suffix unless there's a more specific example.
>
> This is for INFOREQ where there is no address, but is assigned DHCP
> values via matching clientid/hwadddr.
> Thus get_domain(address) is never called.

OK, that makes sense. I've just pushed changes for IPv6 which set the
domain for INFOREQ

1) From dhcp-host if a FQDN is given there.
2) otherwise from --domain.

Does that make more sense.

I think the patches to DHCPv4 don't make sense, since DHCPINFORM does
always have an address, though for consistency with DHCPv6, we could
make the FQDN in --dhcp-host take priority.