[Dnsmasq-discuss] Make RA_INTERVAL configureable? Deprecate old prefixes?

Uwe Schindler uwe at thetaphi.de
Sat Jul 27 19:21:25 BST 2013

Hi,

I found the reason for this bug:

> One small thing with your new code - maybe a bug, because the comment
> says something else: Although the configured (in my config) valid_lifetime of the prefix is now lower
> (30 mins on my machine), after deprecation it raises the valid_lifetime again
> up to 2 hrs.

It misses to apply this code also to context->saved_lifetime in radv.c, approx. line 484:

           /* configured time is ceiling */
            if (!constructed || valid > time)
             valid = time;

So this 3 lines should be moved up, before the part where valid is copied to saved_valid. Or the same code should also be applied to saved_lifetime, if set.

Uwe