[Dnsmasq-discuss] Serving multiple addresses via DHCPv6

aloysius at eclipso.eu aloysius at eclipso.eu
Mon Sep 9 10:32:24 BST 2013

From: Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk>
Date: 08.09.2013 18:36:20
To: dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Serving multiple addresses via DHCPv6

> > Haven't tested this with Symbian as I wished, but I doubt it's of interest
> to anyone.
>
> Interop testing is always good, I'm interested to the extent that it can
>
> be demonstrated that dnsmasq is contributing to any breakage with this
> combination.

Since you asked, alas I have to report Symbian S60 doesn't work too well with dnsmasq 2.66.
The reply is always "no addresses available" for ranges configured for dhcpv6 or slaac.
I'm positive I could get at least one assigned using dibbler-server.

Let me know if you need more tests to be done.

Regards

P.S: This morning I received two bounce messages:

----- Error description -----
ipv6.thekelleys.org.uk: Server rejected recipient.
Server answered: "554 5.7.1 <dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>: Relay access denied"

----- The message was not delivered to the following addresses -----
<dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>