[Dnsmasq-discuss] high availability options

Craig Yoshioka craigyk at me.com
Mon Sep 16 17:55:39 BST 2013

Hi all,

I know it's been asked before, but just thought I'd get an update on high availability options in dnsmasq.
My preference would be to let a backend db handle synchronization and just run two instances
of dnsmasq pointed to the same backend; one could be set as authoritative and the other not.

Is the lua stuff in dnsmasq up to this kind of thing yet?  That would seem ideal too me, with the right hooks pretty much anything could be accomplished.

Cheers!
-Craig