[Dnsmasq-discuss] Renewing pool addresses inspite of static configuration?

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Thu Sep 26 14:49:54 BST 2013

> we have a problem with machines keeping their old pool IPs and ignoring
their newer static IP configuration:
> there's a bunch of machines that got their initial IP address from a DHCP
pool range.
> later on, i configured other, static addresses for them via /etc/hosts and
/etc/ethers entries.

Static IP to me means that the IP is configured at each machine manually. I
don't believe that the DHCP part of Dnsmasq uses the hosts and ethers files
to respond to DHCP requests. The DNS part of Dnsmasq does use hosts and
ethers (and leases) to respond to DNS requests.