[Dnsmasq-discuss] immediate NXDOMAIN for some requests

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Fri Sep 27 07:16:18 BST 2013

Hi all,

We are using dnsmasq as a DNS cache and would like dnsmasq to never
forward requests for _kerberos-master._tcp.* and _kerberos-master._udb.*
SRV records to the upstream nameservers. At the sites where we would
like to do this, these domains always return an NXDOMAIN so we would
like to never bother the upstream nameservers with these requests.
Getting rid of these requests in dnsmasq is a workaround needed for some
software that runs from cron and needs some fixes. Any thoughts?

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/