[Dnsmasq-discuss] gatway

Vladislav Grishenko themiron at mail.ru
Sun Oct 6 11:32:49 BST 2013

Hi, RFC4861 says:

   A router might want to send Router Advertisements without advertising
   itself as a default router.  For instance, a router might advertise
   prefixes for stateless address autoconfiguration while not wishing to
   forward packets.  Such a router sets the Router Lifetime field in
   outgoing advertisements to zero.

> > is it possible to tell dnsmasq not to announce itself as router?
So , yes, it's theoretically possible.

Best Regards, Vladislav Grishenko