[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq queries external dns servers even if dnsmasq is the authorized server for that domain.

René van Dorst opensource at vdorst.com
Mon Oct 21 15:31:48 BST 2013

Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> , 21-10-2013 15:37:
I've just pushed a change to git that removes this filtering for
internal clients, and that should solve Rene's problem. It does change
behaviour in the case that an auth-zone is not the same as an internal
zone: before, queries for that would go upstream, and be subject to
subnet filtering, now, they're answered locally, (good) and not filtered
(maybe good). For a concrete example, I have an auth zone called
lan.thekelleys.org.uk and my internal domain is thekelleys.org.uk. This
machine is always resolvable as spike.thekelleys.org.uk internally, but
not externally. It is resolvable as spike.lan.thekelleys.org.uk
externally and internally (try it) but only for IPV6, since it's IPv4
address is RFC1918. With the change, spike.lan.thekelleys.org.uk _does_
return the RFC1918 address for clients within my LAN, but not for
external clients. That's probably a sensible change.

Rene, does the latest git commit fix your problem OK?

Yes, it is working. Thanks for the effort.