[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP assignment with dynamic VLANs

Andrea Galvani and.galva at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 23:39:21 BST 2013

Thank you Michael for you answer, even if it's bad news for me :\

I was looking also at ISC dhcrelay, but I don't know if it suits my
idea: I have to distinguish which dhcp pool has to be used based on
which host is asking for it (for example using his MAC address). Instead
it seems to me that dhcrelay makes DHCP messages relayed based on the
interface where they're received, which in my case will always be the
same (br-lan).

My goal is something like:
use br-lan for "accepting" the user and then "put" him in his /30 VLAN.

Do you personally think there is any solution to this?

Andrea