[Dnsmasq-discuss] Distributed lease database on a mesh, using batman-adv alfred

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 20:47:13 GMT 2013

On 2 Nov 2013 16:31, "Gui Iribarren" <gui at altermundi.net> wrote:
> Problem is, there's no way to update dnsmasq internal database from
outside (i.e. when alfred gets new info from another node); SIGHUP will not
make dnsmasq call dhcp-script "init", only a full restart will do, and we'd
rather not kill and respawn dnsmasq whenever a new lease is given in any
part of the cloud :P

> Simon, any chance of having dnsmasq call "init" on dhcp-script (or
lua-hook, if it's simpler) when getting a SIGHUP (or another, dedicated
signal, for that matter)?

Simon mentioned before why dnsmasq can't "reload" it's config because it
drops privileges. But I can't see a reason why we can't reread /etc/ethers
and the client cache (for me that's in /tmp/).

I would welcome a "state update" signal of some sort.