[Dnsmasq-discuss] Proxydhcp only for specific clients

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 11:40:29 GMT 2013

I think the solution is to use dhcp-ignore.

You have to write some config which discriminates between clients you
want answered and ones you don't (via MAC address, vendor-class, or
otherwise) and arrange that a tag is set only for ones you want, then add

dhcp-ignore=!<tag>

to your config.

Looking at you config, you may already have most of what you need:

 > dhcp-vendorclass=etherboot,Etherboot
 > dhcp-vendorclass=pxe,PXEClient
 > dhcp-vendorclass=ltsp,"Linux ipconfig"

If tag "ltsp" is set for the stuff you want to go to the OpenSuse ltsp
server, than

dhcp-ignore=ltsp

may  be all that's needed.