[Dnsmasq-discuss] Limit DNS queries to the local subnet clients

Don Muller don at djmuller.com
Fri Nov 29 15:34:02 GMT 2013

Yes if dmsmasq was open to internet but that would not prevent the request from coming in, just from it being answered. The question was how limit dnsmasq to answer DNS queries only to clients of the subnet served by dnsmasq or to a defined subnet. So assuming it is in a controlled environment (internal lan) if you don't setup the other subnets to send requests to dnamasq then it would only receive requests on the subnets you do want to service. Besides why would you want to set up the dns resolver on subnets you were not going to answer? I think the answer to this is better network set up on the client subnets and also at the routers and firewalls.

Don