[Dnsmasq-discuss] (no subject)

Roy Marples roy at marples.name
Fri Dec 6 19:20:21 GMT 2013

Hi List

I've been adding RFC3925 Vendor-Identifying Vendor Options to dhcpcd(8)
and testing against dnsmasq-2.67

I added this to dnsmasq.conf:
dhcp-option=vi-encap:12345, 1, "It is pitch black. You are likely to be
eaten by a grue."
dhcp-option=vi-encap:12345, 2, 100

I added this to dhcpcd.conf (only works from my GIT head if anyone plays
with it)
vendopt 12345 encap frobozzco
encap 1 string maze_location
encap 2 byte grue_probability

Firstly, dnsmasq says my 2nd config line is incorrect. How can I add a
2nd option?
Secondly, this works via DHCPv4, but doesn't work for DHCPv6. How can I
debug this? Wireshark shows a correct trace with the same enterprise
number as the DHCPv4 trace.
By work dhcpcd sets:
new_frobozzco_maze_location='It is pitch black. You are likely to be
eaten by a grue.'

Thanks

Roy