[Dnsmasq-discuss] dns-server in opts file doesn't work

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:30:19 GMT 2013

Hi, experts:

I tried to leverage opts file to modify the recursive dns server IP conveyed in RA. The entry in the opts file is shown below:

tag:tag1,option6:dns-server,[2001:4860:4860::8888]

I tcpdumped the outgoing RA message, but the dns server IP is still set to the IPv6 address dnsmasq bound to. However, if I use "--dhcp-option=tag:tag1,option6:dns-server,[2001:4860:4860::8888]” as an option in the CLI, then it worked in the way as expected.

Is there anything I did wrong in the opts file? It is still my preferred approach to use opts file.

Thanks!

Shixiong