[Dnsmasq-discuss] ARP ignores DHCP ACKs !

Nikita N. nikitan at operamail.com
Tue Dec 24 19:17:00 GMT 2013

Hi all :) thanks for sharing :)

I DO have no-ping in my dnsmasq.conf

I dont run on Apple, but I also see a duplicate DHCP requests from the
client.. it keeps asking "Who has 192.168.0.10? Tell 0.0.0.0" many
times, then requests another DHCP.. DHCP answers again ACK, but after
client again keeps asking "Who has 192.168.0.10? Tell 0.0.0.0" ..
.. finally client sends a shot of NetBios frames, LLMNR and IGMP using
the ip (192.168.0.10, so looks like client got the ip right indeed..),
stop.. nothing else.. no other frames, no DNS reqs.. client gives up,
just puts a red X on the connection icon, stop.. :(