[Dnsmasq-discuss] pxe booting trouble

Michael Thompson mrt at sdf.org
Mon Dec 30 14:37:35 GMT 2013

Brilliant, I've found success with replacing "dhcp-boot" with
"pxe-service=BC_EFI, "Install Linux", BOOTX64.efi" along with renaming
BOOTX64.efi to BOOTX64.efi.0

Thanks for your help and for dnsmasq!

On Sat, December 28, 2013 7:50 am, Simon Kelley wrote:
 >PS. Decoding the logs a bit more, I think there is

 >pxe-prompt=PXE

 >somewhere in your config. (Command-line? included files?)

OK, scratch that. The "PXE" string is the default prompt.

Most likely, as far as I can see, there must be at least one pxe-service
config line, for with a CSA which doesn't match the machine you're PXE
booting. (You're booting an EFI system, so maybe there's something
starting

pxe-service=x86PC,........

which won't provide a bootable image to an EFI system.)

If there really isn't such a line, then there's a bug in the code which
I can't see from inspection.

A workaround, will be to use full PXE and provide a correct pxe-service
line, something like

pxe-server=X86-64_EFI,boot,BOOTX64.efi

But note that the PXE system will add ".0" to the filename, so the file
on the TFTP server should be renamed

BOOTX64.efi.0