[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP over a wireless bridge

Nikita N. nikitan at operamail.com
Wed Jan 8 13:35:15 GMT 2014

Hi Albert :) you didnt mention last time you had a wifi based
configuration too, nice to know! :)
To answer John, if I can try to help, yes, your requirement looks little
unclear to me too.. FYI, Im "playing" too with a wifi loopback bridge
project, and its indeed not very easy to implement from scratch.. ;) Im
running too dnsmasq on the AP side, absolutely DHCP dynamic (nothing
static) but only because the AP is a Linux fully operational dedicated
server..
Running dnsmasq on a AP router bought and used "as is" of course you
cant.. I suspect you need to install your own Linux, lots of infos on
web about that ..
As for me, a common issue Im encountering here is the server/AP "not
hearing" the client frames (even if client/AP are close each other), so
you would need to implement also your own logic for "retransmission" if
that happens in your tests..
Also be very attentive on the option you give to dnsmasq: you pick the
wrong ones, things will not work as you want! :) so you could also post
your dnsmasq.conf here..
Im encountering also other issues, unfortunately, but Im still working
on them..