[Dnsmasq-discuss] Update dnsmasq.leases after lease removed using dhcp_release utility?

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 18:07:00 GMT 2014

On 10/01/14 17:33, Drew Polhamus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running dnsmasq 2.66 on Fedora 19. I am using the dhcp_release
> utility to manually expire a lease without restarting the dnsmasq
> service. I see the release occur and the lease info is also removed from
> the dnsmasq.leases file. However, when the same client again does a
> DHCPREQUEST, the leases file does not get updated as expected.

I'm not clear on what's happening, and what you want to happen. Is the
problem that the client attempts to renew the lease and it _doesn't_
reappear, or that the client renews the lease and it does re-appear?

I think that either of these behaviours is available, controlled by the
--dhcp-authoritative flag.