[Dnsmasq-discuss] Redirect internal non existent hosts

Robert Sweetnam lists at fsck.eu
Tue Jan 14 09:35:03 GMT 2014

Hi all,

We've been using dnsmasq very successfully now for nearly a year. However I just have one quick query and unfortunately all my searching has come up with nothing.

As we use dnsmasq internally we would like to redirect unknown hosts to an internal server.

e.g. there's no host called ghost.mydomain.com so it should instead return an address of portal.mydomain.com

Is this possible? I was exploring the use of NXDOMAIN but it didn't seem to fit the bill.

We're currently running dnsmasq 2.62 as shipped with Debian Wheezy.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Robert