[Dnsmasq-discuss] Feature request: Add a flag to make dns entry private.

René van Dorst opensource at vdorst.com
Fri Jan 17 09:21:48 GMT 2014

I am using dnsmasq with authorized DNS and a external slave dns server.
But the problem is that all the entry gone public.
Even "srv-host=_kerberos._udp.EXAMPLE.NL,thirsty.example.nl,88,1,0".
I don't want that. Some of the items we want to be private.

I like to propose too add the following option and flags.

Option:
auth-all-entries-public=<yes>/<no>
This option tells to export all the item or not and it can be overrided by the flag AUTH-PULBIC-FLAG.

<AUTH-PULBIC-FLAG> can be:
- <Empty> = It will rely on the auth-all-entries-public settings.
- Public = The dns entry will be exported to the slave dns.
- Private = The dns entry will NOT be exported to the slave dns.

Example: srv-host=_kerberos._udp.EXAMPLE.NL,thirsty.example.nl,88,1,0,<AUTH-PULBIC-FLAG>.

I think it should the usable on the following options
- cname
- dhcp-host
- srv-host
- interface-name
- dhcp-range
- txt-record
- ptr-record

May be we need more option to handle for example /etc/hosts entries.

What do you think?

Greats,

René