[Dnsmasq-discuss] Sending RA without dhcp-range

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 20:13:31 GMT 2014

Hi, Simon:

Truly appreciate your further clarification!

The use case I am dealing with now is, there is another DHCPv6 server (stateful or stateless) on the same link. Dnsmasq only needs to send RA to trigger DHCPv6 Solicit in the same way router does.

Being said, is it possible that we can shutdown the DHCPv6 port, so dnsmasq won’t listen to DHCPv6 message? Or change it from different port?

Thanks again!

Shixiong