[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSSEC enabled dnsmasq dies very quickly

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sun Jan 26 22:56:21 GMT 2014

On 26/01/14 22:47, e9hack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for testing purpose, I compile dnsmasq with option -DHAVE_DNSSEC. After a few name
> queries, dnsmasq dies. In the example, I start firefox on Windows 7. After a few queries,
> dnsmasq isn't longer running:

DNSSEC is still rather experimental, so no apologies if it breaks at the
moment. Are you actually enabling dnssec validation with --dnssec?

If not, then compiling with CFLAGS=-g and running under gdb to get a
backtrace of exactly where it's crashing would be useful, as long as
you're using the very latest git code.