[Dnsmasq-discuss] Always Ignore Client Identifier

Linux Luser linuxluser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 16:25:12 GMT 2014

dhcp-ignore-names is concerned about the hostname, correct? I am interested
in the client identifier option sent in the DHCPREQUEST. Ignoring this
field would break RCF2131 (and probably some people's networks!) but in my
particular case, it may spare me some problems.

Maybe if I could selectively revoke leases, that would work. Could I do
this? I'm sure that dnsmasq keeps an internal cache, so that would have to
be flushed for a particular lease.