[Dnsmasq-discuss] Question: wildcard address for MX hosts?

Bob Brown - Turboweb bob at turboweb.co.nz
Mon Feb 3 12:01:20 GMT 2014

Hi,

I'm a long time user of dnsmasq and I'm giving a presentation tomorrow
in which I assumed that dnsmasq could resolve any MX request to an
alternate IP address. It can do it for named domains but I'd like to do
it for any MX like can be done for A records using the
address=/#/1.2.3.4 notation (we use this to great effect inside our
development environment).

Can I do the same for MX records? The reason being that development
machines can then deliver email to any MX they ask for and it would be
delivered locally. From reading the documentation and trying it out I
can't get it to work.

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers,

- Bob -

--
*Turboweb Limited*
Bob Brown (about me)

*Note: For prompt attention for all support issues, please email
support at turboweb.co.nz <mailto:support at turboweb.co.nz>.*