[Dnsmasq-discuss] Debugging

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Tue Feb 11 15:12:48 GMT 2014

Is there any way to get additonal debugging information out of dnsmasq?
I'm running into an issue where I'm seeing 'DHCPDISCOVER(eth0) X Y no
address available', but it's not particularly clear to me why this is
happening.  Is there a way to log the contents of the DISCOVER packet?
I know I can use tcpdump, but that doesn't show me what dnsmasq actually
thinks is in the packet.

In my case, I should be seeing a subscriber-id in the packets.  I see it
in tcpdump, but I'm not clear if dnsmasq is actually parsing it.