[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.69rc1

sven falempin sven.falempin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:45:26 UTC 2014

openbsd 5.4: pkg_add libnettle (ewwwwwwwww)
[make]
$ ./src/dnsmasq --version
Dnsmasq version 2.69rc1  Copyright (c) 2000-2014 Simon Kelley
Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP
DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack no-ipset auth DNSSEC

Would you please explain why the dependencies with <nettle> , cant we
use the crypto of openSSH ?

Here's the running setup :
- - - - - - - - - -
root     31974  0.0  0.1   992  1304 p5  I+     6:40PM    0:00.01
dnsmasq -d -C /etc/dnsmasq.conf --log-queries
# cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf
domain-needed
bogus-priv
# Uncomment these to enable DNSSEC validation and caching:
# (Requires dnsmasq to be built with DNSSEC option.)
conf-file=/etc/trust-anchors.conf
dnssec
filterwin2k

# cat /etc/trust-anchors.conf
# The root DNSSEC trust anchor, valid as at 30/01/2014

# Note that this is a DS record (ie a hash of the root Zone Signing Key)
# If was downloaded from https://data.iana.org/root-anchors/root-anchors.xml

trust-anchor=.,19036,8,2,49AAC11D7B6F6446702E54A1607371607A1A41855200FD2CE1CDDE32F24E8FB5

- - - - - - - - - -

and a  request output :

dnsmasq: query[A] google.fr from 10.0.0.42
dnsmasq: forwarded google.fr to 8.8.8.8
dnsmasq: validation result is INSECURE
dnsmasq: reply google.fr is 173.194.34.183
dnsmasq: reply google.fr is 173.194.34.191
dnsmasq: reply google.fr is 173.194.34.184
dnsmasq: query[AAAA] google.fr from 10.0.0.42
dnsmasq: forwarded google.fr to 8.8.8.8
dnsmasq: validation result is INSECURE
dnsmasq: reply google.fr is 2a00:1450:4009:805::1017
dnsmasq: query[MX] google.fr from 10.0.0.42
dnsmasq: forwarded google.fr to 8.8.8.8
dnsmasq: validation result is INSECURE
dnsmasq: forwarded thekelleys.org to 8.8.8.8
dnsmasq: validation result is INSECURE
dnsmasq: reply thekelleys.org is 216.239.32.21
dnsmasq: reply thekelleys.org is 216.239.34.21
dnsmasq: reply thekelleys.org is 216.239.36.21
dnsmasq: reply thekelleys.org is 216.239.38.21
dnsmasq: query[AAAA] thekelleys.org from 10.0.0.42
dnsmasq: forwarded thekelleys.org to 8.8.8.8
dnsmasq: validation result is INSECURE
dnsmasq: reply thekelleys.org is NODATA-IPv6
dnsmasq: query[MX] thekelleys.org from 10.0.0.42
dnsmasq: forwarded thekelleys.org to 8.8.8.8
dnsmasq: validation result is INSECURE

Best regards,