[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq doesn't send RA

Stéphane Guedon stephane at 22decembre.eu
Thu Mar 27 15:12:38 UTC 2014

Le jeudi 27 mars 2014, 10:30:30 John Gorkos a écrit :
> This sounds remarkably similar to the problem I described here:
> http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2013q4/0078
> 10.html Mine is on a Debian system, but the symptoms are the same.
>
> I never did find a solution.  I simply run radvd in parallel with
> dnsmasq. John Gorkos

the good thing with dnsmasq is that it can replace four softwares
(dhcp4 and 6, dns,ra) at once, with simple conf coordinated together.

But you don't have dnssec validation, nor nat64 (that's fine if
everything the rest works, you can waith for the function to be
mature).

If you can't do ra again and serve the corresponding ipv6 names, that
begin to be really annoying...

If I need to run radvd seperately, I think I am going to switch back
to dhcp and unbound (which are already setup).