[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-host match based on set of tags

Kincl, Jason C. kincljc at ornl.gov
Thu Sep 4 20:20:55 BST 2014

Hi,

So I have a situation where I can guarantee that a given set of tags is
unique by using DHCP Option 82 (dhcp-circuitid and dhcp-remoteid) and I
want to give a IP address to that single host but the only way to do that
is to create a single IP pool and match on those tags. But then I get into
lease management issues if the MAC changes on that port so what I really
want is to use dhcp-host but it cannot match on tags. Is this something
that could be adapted to work or does it break all things DHCP?

Thanks!

--
Jason Kincl
HPC Systems Administrator