[Dnsmasq-discuss] NODATA-reply on AAAA-CNAME-queries where no A-record exists

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 21:33:07 BST 2014

On 19/09/14 05:39, 이상은 wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I saw below message at dnsmasq-discuss.
>
> [Dnsmasq-discuss] NODATA-reply on AAAA-CNAME-queries where no A-record
> exists
>
>   * Tom's request :
>     http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2011q2/004942.html
>   * Simon's reply :
>     http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2011q2/004943.html
>

> and I exactly wants same solution. Could you send me the test release
> which fixed for me?
>
> regards,
>

> in Korea, Sangeun Lee

That was long ago, and the fix got included in the dnsmasq released
code. However, I've just discovered that a different bug has crept into
the last couple of dnsmasq releases that creates the same behaviour. If
you're using 2.69 or later, then try

http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/release-candidates/dnsmasq-2.72rc2.tar.gz

and see if that fixes the problem for you.