[Dnsmasq-discuss] rebind-protection vs servers-file

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 23:06:17 GMT 2014

I have been fiddling with improving my internal dns, by creating a
file that has all my internal dns servers in it that I can easily copy
everywhere.

Example serversfile.

server=/rossow.r.lupinlodge.org/172.23.143.9
rev-server=172.23.8.0/23,172.23.143.9

server=/lodge.r.lupinlodge.org/172.23.143.7
rev-server=172.23.6.0/23,172.23.143.7

and Adding the one line of parsing needed in openwrts dnsmasq script...

with rebind-protection enabled I get an error if trying to ping
rossow.r.lupinlodge.org

with it disabled, it does the right thing.

Will fiddle some more

--
Dave Täht

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks