[Dnsmasq-discuss] [Cerowrt-devel] Problems with DNSsec on Comcast, with Cero 3.10.38-1/DNSmasq 4-26-2014

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:44:00 GMT 2015

Wow, this thread goes back a ways. Is ds.test-ipv6.com still
configured wrong, and does it pass now? It passes for me (but I am
behind a more modern openwrt box right now)

Is there another site that demonstrates this problem?

BTW: For a while there (on comcast), in production, I ran with pure
ipv6 for dns (it reduced ipv4 nat pressure significantly!), but it
hung after a few days and I never got back to it. Were any problems
like this experienced and/or fixed for dnsmasq in the past 8 months or
so?

Anyway... enough incremental fixes have landed all across the board in
openwrt, and the chaos calmer process seems to have settled down
enough, to consider doing an entirely updated cerowrt based on 3.14
and pushing things like dnsmasq further forward...

... but I, personally, am still, not in the position to easily build
and test a new dnsmasq package for cerowrt and have no funding or time
for further development based on chaos calmer. Hopefully someone else
in the openwrt or cerowrt world can take up the slack. I see that
several bleeding edge sub-distros of openwrt have also emerged on
their forums...

(Yet.... I will still try to produce a test dnsmasq version from the
cerowrt-3.10 tree but I doubt it would be safe to do an opkg update
for it.)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:

--
Dave Täht