[Dnsmasq-discuss] AVM Fritzbox, DUalstack ISP and dnmasq

Robert M. Albrecht lists at romal.org
Sun Jan 11 18:43:35 GMT 2015

Hi,

I'm not sure if this can't be done or if I am just confused.

My ISP (Deutsche Telekom AG) provides dual stack connectivty with one
IPv6 and /53 ipv6.

Both are dynamic, so if I reconnect my DSL I might / will get different
IPs and prefixes.

As the DNS and DHCP integrated into the router are crap (no manuel dns
entries, no dhcp options, no pxe possible, ...) I want to use dnsmaq.

IPV4 is easy. Disabling DHCPv4 in the Fritzbox and done.
IPv6 is different.

I can disable the DHCPv6 service in the router. By doing so I can choose
the options in the router advertismment:
- none
- O
- O M

Enabling DHCPv6 in the router provides the following choices:
- none
- IA_PD
- IA_PD and IA-NA

but enabling the routers DHCPv6 ALWAYS puts the routers address into the
DNS-server option: aaargh.

My question: which is the canonical way ?

Setting a dhcpv6-range in dnsmasq is impossible, as the prefix might change.

Constructing a dhcpv6-range needs a dhcpv6 on the router for the IA_PD,
but this also enables the routers dns-option.

Any ideas ? Any hints ?

cu romal